Vitola: Petite Corona
Ring Gauge: 42
Country of Origin: Cuba
Number of reviewers: 5 —– Brian (B-daddy) Myles (MylesT) Ian (Sp@rky426) Emmett (rhetorik) Ron (shuckins)
Age: July 2010
Contributed by: Jason (bigslowrock)
This cigar was reviewed blind (no bands) by a panel of at least 4 reviewers. They did not know what they were smoking beforehand. The scores are an average of all the reviewers' scores with outliers removed. All of our cigars reviewed are shipped to the panelists with Boveda packs to ensure optimal smoking experience.
“Smooth light brown wrapper, invisible seams, small veins. A nice neat cigar.” –Brian (B-daddy)
“Very nice aroma, barnyard, leather and caramel on draw” –Emmett (rhetorik)
“Well constructed, near flawless stick. A bit soft all the way through.” –Ian (Sp@rky426)
“Classic Cuban flavor profile. Leather, barnyard, bread and some cream. Not too strong at all, but great flavors. The ash is a champion, holding on the whole third.” –Emmett (rhetorik)
“Despite the look and feel of the cigar, it was fairly pleasant tasting. Very light, definitely a morning smoke. Flavors were pretty basic; cedar, hay, nuts and cream. ” –Myles (MylesT)
“In the second third, I start picking up some leather and more wood flavors. The body of the smoke jumps up a bit to about a medium; showing some creaminess. Smoke volume increases and it gets a little thicker. A little more interesting than the first third.” –Brian (B-daddy)
“Cocoa is lighter as the spice moves to the front, giving it a little kick, but not enough of one to chase the creamy cedar and leather taste away” –Ron (shuckins)
“The strength has backed off but flavors have picked up. Getting flavors that are very woodsy and leathery with some baking spice. There’s the twang! That nice aroma of what tastes like roasted pumpkin to me. If I wasn’t sure it was Cuban before, I am now. Getting more pepper towards the end of this third.” –Emmett (rhetorik)
“More of the same on the final third. Primary flavors are mild nuttiness and some wood, with a little leather on the finish. Smoke volume stays pretty good and body shows a little creaminess through to the end. Right at the nub, I start to get a little ginger spice flavor, which is interesting.” –Brian (B-daddy)
“A gentle spice gives a little more kick to the creamy cedar as the leather fades towards the end, taking it up a notch, just when I was thinking it was done.” –Ron (shuckins)
Burn: 94 Overall Strength: Medium Overall Body: Medium
“Unrestricted smoke bomb.” –Ian (Sp@rky426)
“Surprisingly, despite the wonky construction, this burned wonderfully even.” –Myles (MylesT)
Overall Experience: 93
Smoking Time (in minutes): 65
“Great down to the nub, I would greatly enjoy a box of these.” –Ian (Sp@rky426)
“Great example of Cuban flavor profile, wish it had lasted longer. Perfect draw, great burn, not too strong. Very flavorful and complex with interesting changes.” –Emmett (rhetorik)
A great mid-morning cigar with just enough kick to keep me on my toes and keep me smoking to the nub.” –Ron (shuckins)
1. You must be 18 years of age or over AND the legal age to possess tobacco in your respective address.
2. Prizes have no cash value.
3. Blind Man’s Puff is not responsible for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
4. Occasionally cigars go missing, get damaged before we ship or other natural disasters occur, we reserve the right to replace a prize winning with something of equal or more value. In the event of replacement, winners will be notified before replacements are shipped.
5. In order to enter the contest you must follow us on twitter and retweet the most recent review. You must also put a comment in the comment section of this review.
6. Winners must claim prize by emailing info@BlindMansPuff.com within 72 hours of a winner being announced. Winners will be announced via a comment at the designated date for when contests end, it is all participants responsibility to determine if they have won. Process must be completed by 11:59PM MST 8/2/13
7. Unless otherwise specified, you can only enter each contest a single time. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
8. All winners for random contests will be randomly. Contests where winners are not selected at random will be specifically noted.
9. Additional rules beyond what it is stated on this page will be explicitly stated on contests where additional rules apply.
10. By entering a contest, you accept the terms and conditions stated above.
11. Blind Man’s Puff will only ship winner’s cigars if they follow the above steps and email the appropriate e-mail address.
12. Blind Man’s Puff reserves the right to change these rules at anytime.
Blind Cigar Review: San Cristobal de la Habana (Cuba) | El Principe