#2 – Dunbarton Tobaco and Trust – Todos Las Dias
#5 – Mombacho – Cosecha 2012
#7 – Tatuaje – Cojonu 2003 Reserva Broadleaf
#8 – Caldwell – Hit & Run
#9 – Dunbarton Tobaco and Trust – Muestra de Saka Nacatamale
#10 – Caldwell – All Out Kings
#12 – Tatuaje – Négociant
#13 – Southern Draw – Rose of Sharon
#14 – RoMaCraft – Wunder|Lust
#15 – H. Upmann – by AJ Fernandez
#16 – AVO – Syncro South America Ritmo
#17 – My Father – La Opulencia
#18 – Tatuaje – Reserva J21 Broadleaf
#19 – Nomad – Fin De Los Mundos
#21 – Camacho – Liberty 2017
#22 – Joya de Nicaragua – Antaño Gran Reserva
#23 – Southern Draw – Jacobs Ladder
#24 – L’Atelier – Identité
#25 – Serino – Wayfarer
Each of our panelists were given 10 votes to towards our Top 25 Cigars of the Year – 2017. Order mattered on their votes as their #1 vote is worth twice as much as their #10. Our list is made up of cigars that had a wide release this year. The cigars that are eligible do not have to have been reviewed on Blind Man’s Puff, but the reviewer must have smoke it at some point to vote for it.
- To be eligible, the cigars must have been released this year with the following exceptions:
- Re-releases of old brands are eligible
- New sizes in blends that already existed are eligible
- Lines that were not previously introduced to the US but became available in 2016 are eligible
- New Cuban Cigars from Box Code Dates from 2016-2017 are eligible
- Cigars that had a limited release to beat the FDA deadline and got a wide release this year are ok.
Here is a full sortable list of the top 25 cigars with links to the ones we have reviewed or more info:
Error requesting data: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
- Votes were submitted individually without discussion.
- This list was not based off blind reviews as is our normal procedure. The reviewers knew which cigars they were voting for.
- Only one vote per cigar per reviewer.
- To see the votes of each individual panelist, click here.
- Foundation and Dunbarton finished #1 and #2 this year, the same thing happened in 2015 with the original Foundation El Gueguense The Wise Man taking #1, and the Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Sobremesa taking #2.
- This is the first year since the brands release that Warped Cigars didn’t make the list. In the past, they have dominated the list, taking 4 spots last year.
- Crowned Heads has taken at least 1 spot every year we have made a list (since 2013).
- No Cuban cigar made the list again, this happened last year and 2014.