Each of our 20 panelists were given 10 votes to cast. Our list is made up of cigars that were RELEASED in 2016. The cigars that are eligible do not have to have been reviewed on Blind Man’s Puff, but the panelist must have smoke it at some point themselves.
Here is a full sortable list of the top 25 cigars with links to the ones we have reviewed or more info:
To be eligible, the cigars must have been released this year with the following exceptions:
- Re-releases of old brands are eligible
- New sizes in blends that already existed are eligible
- Lines that were not previously introduced to the US but became available in 2016 are eligible
- New Release Cuban Cigars from Box Code Dates from 2015-2016 are eligible since availability varies so much from Habanos.
- Votes were not limited to cigars we reviewed on Blind Man’s Puff, but must have been smoked by the reviewer this year.
- Votes were submitted individually without discussion.
- This list was not based off blind reviews as is our normal procedure. The reviewers knew which cigars they were voting for.
- Only one vote per cigar per reviewer.
- This year, the order of the votes matters. Vote #1 was worth the most, Vote #10 was worth the least.
To see the votes of each individual panelist, click here.
- Warped Cigars took 4 spots this year, including #1, making it the first time any company has taken 4 spots in 1 year.
- Crowned Heads has taken at least 1 spots every year we have made a list.
- Warped, Davidoff, and Crowned Heads all took 3 or more spots.
- No Cuban cigar made the list, the only other time this happened was 2014.