In collaboration with Don Wiggins and Mark Scott of UnderGround Cigars, Scott de la Peña of Hermosa Cigars is proud to release their 2nd and latest blend, “Tierra Santa” which translates to “Holy Land.”
Scott wanted to honor and celebrate Nicaragua, in particular Jalapa, with this blend. Jalapa is nestled in the Nueva Segovia forest, and is one of the premier tobacco growing regions outside of Pinar del Rio, Cuba. Presented in rustic cedar boxes, with bands reminiscent of vintage Cuban artisans, the focus was elegant simplicity.
The cigar is a Nicaraguan puro focusing on tobacco from Jalapa, with the majority of tobacco grown on a farm called La Finca Suya that is a partner of Hermosa Cigars. de la Peña said that by percentage, the cigar uses 92% Jalapa-grown leaves, with the other 8% coming from Estelí. The wrapper is a corojo/criollo hybrid habano grown by Hermosa Cigars.
The pre-release Tierra Santa (Holy Land in Spanish) by Hermosa Cigars is being offered exclusively at Underground Cigars in Fort Worth, Texas. Only 3,000 cigars total (120 boxes) are available split between a 5×50 robusto, 6×52 torpedo and 6×42 corona. The cigar is intended to honor and celebrate Nicaragua, in particular Jalapa and Esteli. Scott de la Peña will be at the big kick-off event on Oct. 25th to celebrate the one year anniversary of Underground Cigars.
Tierra Santa is being released in three sizes, a 5 x 50 robusto, 6 x 42 corona and 6 x 52 torpedo, with the first 3,000 cigars available exclusively at Underground Cigars in Fort Worth, Texas in honor of the store’s one year anniversary. The store will have them exclusively from Oct. 25 through Dec. 25, and at special pricing: $6.95 per cigar for the robusto and corona ($139 for a box of 20) and $7.95 for the torpedo ($159 per box).
After the first of the year, Tierra Santa will be available to all retailers at MSRP; $9 for the corona and robusto ($180 per box) and $10 for the torpedo ($200 per box).
The cigars are being made at Noel Rojas’ Tabacalera Aromas de Jalapa.
Scott has given UnderGround Cigar Shop in Fort Worth Dallas, exclusive rights to the pre release of 3000 cigars in honor of their one year anniversary. They will be offered at never to be seen again prices, beginning Oct 25th through December 25th.
Please join us in the celebration of cigar making.