Screwpop Tool has announced a new kind of cigar cutter to the industry: Magpulse. This new cutter uses rare-earth magnets with a semi-friction break that together offer both a spring-like action when opening, and smooth resistance to control when closing.
To operate, you press and hold the trigger, once open, the cutter stays open until you squeeze the sides together using the opposing magnets to give some resistance.
The Magpulse cigar cutter uses CNC milling technology. Each body is milled from solid blocks of 6061T6 aero-space grade solid aluminum billets which are finished with durable anodization. Each cutter is permanently sealed and can’t be opened. The magnets are said to only degrade less than 1 percent over 100 years.
- Blades — 440c stainless steel 58HRC
- Body — 6061T6 (aerospace) Anodized Aluminum
- Weight — 3oz
- Size — 0.375″ x 2.125” x 2.625″
- Price — $149.95 (will be running introductory sale $99.95)
- Intellectual Property Status — USA Utility Patent #10,201,184 (Feb. 12, 2019)