Today, Drew Estate announced 6 smaller ring gauge line extensions for Liga Privada and Nasty Papas Fritas. The new vitolas for the Liga Privada No. 9 and T52 lines will be Corona Viva, Short Panatela, and Petit Corona. There will also be a new cigar Unico Serie Nasty Fritas. All these new cigars will be shown off at the IPCPR trade show later this week in Las Vegas.
The Corona Viva, Short Panatela, and Petit corona vitolas for the No. 9 and T52 lines will become regular production. Details are as follows.
- Liga Privada No. 9 Corona Viva 178 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $290.40
- Liga Privada No. 9 Short Panatela 114 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $220.32
- Liga Privada No. 9 Petit Corona 108 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $240.24
- Liga Privada T52 Corona Viva 178 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $290.40
- Liga Privada T52 Short Panatela 114 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $220.32
- Liga Privada T52 Petit Corona, 108 mm x 46 parejo, 24 CT, $240.24
- Liga Privada Unico Serie Nasty Fritas, 101 mm x 52 conical vitola, 50 CT, $325.00
The Nasty Fritas uses a Connecticut Broadleaf Oscuro wrapper and a plantation grown Brazilian Mata Fina binder over Nicaraguan and Honduran fillers. As with the original Papas Fritas, the Nasty Fritas uses filler tobacco that did not make it into regular Liga Privada No. 9 and Liga Privada T52 cigars.
From the Wynwood Safehouse, “We have been vibing on the Nasty Fritas at Cigar Safari. When the Diplomat App came out, the Papas Fritas quickly became a fan favorite with “Papas Fritas Tuesdays” and the Lit Mafia. I was telling a group at Safari about Nacatahuevos, which is my creation of Nacatamale with 2 over easy eggs on top. The group was like that’s the Esteliano version of getting nasty on some French fries. We’ve been enjoying it mostly at Cigar Safari in Nicaragua, but its time to get mega nasty with our homies.”