More than two decades of successfully selling cigars at retail teaches a person a few things. Hype doesn’t sell. A bad smoke fails immediately (as it should). Excellent quality wins friends who tell more friends. A community grows. Life is good.
Meet Jeff Haugen and Joel Rogers, co-owners of Crux Cigar Company, who have expanded beyond retail to production. In April 2014, Crux Cigar Company is releasing three different blends in two different vitolas after more than three years in development. Three more blends follow in May.
Get friendly with Ninfamaniac, Ninfamaniac Dark and the Skeeterz. Say good-bye to boring. The new best friends are hand-crafted at the Plasencia S.A. factory in Esteli, Nicaragua.
“We look forward to our next chapter as manufacturers,” said Crux Cigars co-owner Jeff Haugen. We believe our ‘front line’ retailer experience gives us a huge advantage. It provides incredible insight into building new cigars of the highest quality, developing cigars for underserved markets and servicing retail partners with the greatest respect.”
– 7 x 33 ninfa double perfecto with closed ends. Habano Jalapa wrapper, Indonesian binder and Viso Esteli filler tobaccos.
Crux Ninfamaniac Dark
– 7 x 33 ninfa double perfecto with closed ends. Jalapa sun grown wrapper, Indonesian binder and Viso Esteli filler tobaccos.
• Sold in boxes of 30 with a per stick price of $5.99
• First release production: 5,000 Ninfamanic Natural and 2,000 Ninfamanic Dark
The Little Prick
— 4 x 32 purito. Habano wrapper from Nicaragua, Indonesian binder and Nicaraguan habano filler tobaccos.
• Sold in boxes of 40 with a per stick price of $2.99
• First release production: 50,000 cigars
Cigar News: Two Vixens and a Little Prick Want to Make Your Acquaintance