XIKAR showed off a new cutter at this year’s IPCPR trade show, the Ensō. THe Ensō is a double-guillotine cigar cutter whose name comes from Japanese culture in which the ensō is a minimalist circle drawn in one stroke at a moment of clarity of the mind.
The XIKAR Ensō cigar cutter uses a synchronized dual-blade system, where the movement of one handle moves both blades. The cutter is a follow-up of sorts to the 2016 XO cutter we reviewed here. My only complaint when reviewing that cutter was its thickness, this new model is much thinner and fits easier in the pocket. The hole of the cutter is a 68 ring gauge which the company says will cut up to a 72 ring cigar.
The XIKAR Ensō is set to ship in the fall and will come in six finishes: black, silver, red, blue, neon orange and neon green. The price is $99.99.
- Double-guillotine stainless steel blades
- Synchronized dual-blade system
- Durable wrap-around armor to protect the body
- Slim profile for portability and clear view of cigar cap
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 0.5 x 2.5 ; 64 x 12 x 64 [mm}
- Supported by the XIKAR Lifetime Warranty